Designed and built by CHBA award winner Jim Merrill, this oceanfront home is the perfect spot for a quiet getaway or a family holiday. Overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca and under 2 kilometers from French Beach Provincial Park, the home reflects the light and sounds of its west coast surroundings. Tyee Tide features four bedrooms and a fifth room with a pullout sofa. Two bedrooms have king sized beds and two have queen sized beds. Two bedrooms (one queen one king) are up the grand staircase and share a hall bath with a tub / shower unit. The other two are on the main floor of the house in the east wing. Both have access to the deck. The main bedroom has a beautiful spacious ensuite bathroom with a jetted tub, a glassed-in shower, a double vanity, . . . and then there’s that view!
All bedrooms and the main living spaces, and the decks have endless ocean views, so you can watch for seals, sea lions, Orcas, Humpback whales, eagles, and all kinds of ocean birds. Tyee Tide is under 2 kilometers from French Beach Provincial Park with its mile-long west coast beach. French Beach itself is part of the panoramic view from Tyee Tide.
The living room has a large wood-burning fireplace. With plenty of places to sit, it is the perfect place for a family reunion. The dining room has an 8ft long trestle table with chairs all made by a local artisan. Inside and out, Tyee Tide has dream-like exposure to the west coast’s best.
- Price based on occupancy of 6. Additional guests are $25 / person / night.
- Two night minimum booking during Low and Shoulder Seasons, three night minimum during High Season and Winter Holiday Season
- Weekly and Monthly rates are available.
- Major holidays that fall in low season and shoulder season will be charged at shoulder season and high season rates (respectively). The winter holiday season is Dec 18 through Jan 3.
- Cleaning fee: $250 to $350 per stay. Stays longer than 7 nights may require additional cleaning services.
- Taxes apply
- No pets
- No smoking